Regardless of setting, there is unprecedented interest in ensuring that patients have a positive experience with their care. In addition, we practice within a consumer-driven, high-tech, health-care environment in which it is vital for physicians to understand how these factors converge to influence patient experience. This activity is designed to give learners a greater appreciation of these concepts.
- General Member - $15.00
- Resident-Fellow Member - $7.50
- Medical Student Member - $15.00
- Non-Member - $30.00
- State relationships between patient experience, clinical effectiveness, and safety and quality;
- Identify measures of quality applied to clinical settings;
- Describe how patient experiences can influence use of social media; and
- List potential benefits and pitfalls of social media use by physicians.
Estimated Time to Complete
Estimated Duration: 1 hour
Begin Date: March 28, 2018
End Date: March 28, 2021
How to Earn Credit
Participants who wish to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ or a certificate of participation may do so by completing all sections of the course including the evaluation. A multiple-choice quiz is provided based on the content. A passing score of 75% must be achieved. Retakes are available for the test. After evaluating the program, course participants will be provided with an opportunity to claim hours of participation and print an official CME certificate (physicians) or certificate of participation (non-physicians) showing the completion date and hours earned.
Continuing Education Credit
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The APA designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty and Planner Disclosures
- Julie Neidermeir, MD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, The Ohio State University. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- David Kasik, MD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, The Ohio State University. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Stephanie Auditore, JD, Director, Membership, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Tristan Gorrindo, MD, Director, Division of Education, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Kristen, LeBlanc, Deputy Director, Member Product Developmemnt & Engagment, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
Optimal System Configuration:
- Flash Player: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+
- Browser: Firefox (latest version), Internet Explorer 8.0+, Safari 7.0+, Microsoft Edge (latest version) or Google Chrome (latest version)
- Operating System: Windows XP+ or Mac OS X 10.4+
- Internet Connection: 1 Mbps or higher
- Windows PC: 500-MHz Pentium II; Windows XP or higher; 128 MB RAM; Video Card at least 64MB of video memory; Macromedia Flash Player 10.3 or higher; Sound Card at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
- Macintosh:Mac OS X 10.4+ or higher with latest updates installed; 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or faster; RAM: 128MB or more; Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card: at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
For assistance: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about this course | Contact email@example.com for technical assistance
All materials copyright American Psychiatric Association. ©2018